Sunday, February 3, 2008

What I want to be when I grow up

When I was little what I wanted to be was not realistic at all. I wanted to be Cinderella. I was dressed up like Cinderella for Halloween every year. As I got older I knew I had to change what I wanted to be to something that was actually real. So I decided I wanted to be a lawyer because my uncle is one. Him and his family have everything that they want and I wanted to be able to have all the things I want. As school went on I found that I was not very good speaking in front of people and found out how much schooling they have to go through. The money would have been nice but there is no way I could have went through all that schooling. Then I changed my mind to doing cosmetology because I wanted to do something that would take the least amount of time in school. My mom told me that I wouldn’t be happy because they don’t make a lot of money. She told me to look at some other things. When my little sister was born and I saw the all the nursing taking care of her I knew that was what I wanted to do. I did some research on nursing. I found that it takes just about the same amount to schooling to do as it does to do hair and a nurse gets paid a lot more. I wanted to work in the nursery with all the newborn babies. I love to work with kids at least till a certain age. If you work at a hospital you have to work nights and weekends, holidays, and they can put you own any shift. Instead of working in a hospital I decided to work in a pediatric doctor office. I will be able to work kids until they start School.

2 comments:

Katie Jo said...

I also want to be a nurse! But I totally know where your coming from when you said you had to find something that you actually could make some kind of money without a lot of school. I hope that it all works out for you but with the way I’ve seen you take care of your little two I’m sure your going to do just find. From what I’ve heard schooling is the hardest part of nursing!

doodlebug. said...

That is pretty neat that you want to be a nurse. I know a lot of people that are going into that field, except they don’t want to work with the kids. Babies are the cutest things, I just got a new baby cousin, she is not even a week old yet, and she is so tiny. I was scared to hold her at first because I didn’t want to break her. Her being the fifth baby that I have been around, you would think I would be over that fear, but I’m not. I think it takes a lot of guts to do something with the tiny kids. I love being able to play with them but I don’t think I could stick them with a shot or anything, I always try to make them stop crying and never want to do anything to make them do it.