Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups..."

If I am watching TV (which I don’t really do that often) the TV is sure to be tuned to one of the many channels that play Law and Order. Luckily for me, there’s rarely a time that my beloved show isn’t on. I know that most people watch television to wind down and not really use their brain for anything. But, I can not stand watching mindless television shows. This is one of the biggest reasons as to why I adore Law and Order. Rachel Hyland wrote in a review on my favorite show, “Even as most crime shows deplore the evil that men do, they at times also celebrate it.” I don’t want to watch some stupid “reality” TV show glorifying crime or other trivial parts of somebody’s life. I love Law and Order because it addresses real life issues, it doesn’t sugar coat anything. Rachel Hyland hit the nail on the head later in her review when she pointed out that “Law and Order does not make this mistake. Though it frequently, and most chillingly, tells tales of true crime … it also treats them with the dread, indeed, the disgust they deserve.” I couldn’t have said it better myself! Also, because it is so much like real life, it is absolutely attention-grabbing. I have never once got bored in the middle of an episode of Law and Order. Unlike most shows on MTV, which I can’t even sit through, my favorite show is sure to keep me on the edge of my seat. I love how you learn a little bit more about the detectives with each show, and you’re always along with them on the ride to solving the case. If you have never seen an episode of this wonderful television series, I urge you to go watch it! Just because you’re grandpa used to watch it does not mean it sucks. It just means it’s been great enough to stay on air all those years!

2 comments:

Phil Da PIll said...

Yea girl.... i always watch that show...well try to that is, well maybe i just am always searching for something to watch and that is always on..lol. yea but i enjoyed reading that.

Rachel Hyland said...

Hi there!

A friend just sent me to your blog, having come across it while looking for my blog. I wrote the review you so kindly referenced... it's always delightful to be quoted.

So, thanks! I am now contemplating making my next column about your post about my review from a whole different website.

Looking forward to your next post...