Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Abandon All Hope.


What comes naturally to me? Nothing comes to mind. Sometimes it worries me that I have no goal other than “live life.” I do have an ultimate plan: an ultimate destiny. Will I ever reach this final destination? I don’t know, but the path is set in front of me. Maybe the obstacles on the path will be too difficult to overcome. In reality, I don’t believe that. I believe all goals can be reached with the correct amount of heart and dedication put to that task. I’m going to grow up, get through school, get a job, and die. That’s my realization. I now see why people take their religions so seriously, it gives their life a purpose. Often people tell me that “you should contribute something to society.” I have too much manners to speak my mind when this is said, but how I feel is “why should I give something back to a society that’s only given me judgment and bad movies?” I love life, often more so than I think I should. My motto as a kid was “Love life, f*&^ the world.” The harsh realities and bitter truths of the world are what corrupt great things, like life. It blows my mind that I can go to school and have the same conversations with two completely different people. It blows my mind how one friend can be struggling just to find a place to sleep at night, while another is overly studying for a test that they know they will not make below a ninety-seven on. Why?

I’m so thankful that I wasn’t born in Friend A’s shoes. I’m also thankful that I can live day to day without the obnoxious pressure put on me by society and my peers to do something I truly don’t want to do. I sometimes wish I could truly be in the mind of both. I wish I could hear how their clock ticks differently from mine. All I can do is ask to hear their story, try to relate, and pray that they give me enough information to understand. I often wonder who can breathe easier at night. I often wonder why things have to be the way they are. Then, I kill these thoughts, because focusing on them for too long will only make me depressed.

I value my mind more than anything. I asked the wisest person I’ve ever met if he believed if we were truly alone. He replied “of course, people are often blinded by the superficial truth. In the end, all you have is your mind and yourself for comfort.” I believe this to be one hundred percent true. Why wouldn’t it be?
*Cough cough* will anyone really read this? I hope not LoL.

7 comments:

Phil Da PIll said...

hahahaha........ well man i liked that...lol it gave me a focus to live this day to the fullest. I really don't know why, because i guess some parts i was like what? But hey my writing makes me wonder all the time, i felt the psychological breakdown of it all.so thanks!

Teacher Man said...

"One is led to wonder what the point of it all is, with what great triumph this ceaseless effort, repeating itself through millions of years, might finally culminate, and why it should go on and on for so long, accomplishing nothing, getting nowhere. But then one realizes that there is no point to it at all, that it really culminates in nothing, that each of these cycles, so filled with toil, is to be followed only by more of the same. The point of any living thing's life is, evidently, nothing but life itself." --Richard Taylor (from his essay, "Is Life Meaningful?")

The Invisible Observer said...

What comes naturally to you? I think that your hilarious one-liners (especially in math) are what come naturally to you. I agree with you on the bad movies part. There are too few good movies compared to bad ones. I have dreams and goals, too. Whether or not they can be reached and come true is another thing entirely. How do you or I know that we will grow up and get a job? No one knows when and how they will die, just that we will. I think that the majority of our lives is spent going through the motions of life. We get a handful of good days and a handful of bad ones. Life is depressing; it’s a simple fact. You just have to make the best of it.

The Man Who Fell To Earth said...

Man, yeah this kind of thing, I learned it's better to not think about. For me, life works out okay when I do what I feel. Do what I want. It seems better to simply live life for what it is and try to have fun. This doesn't work out so well when it comes to getting a job and going to school and that kind of thing; that kind of stuff I just mindlessly go through it and get it done. Also, the mind is very important. I think it's important to learn about things that are interesting to you. Eh, I don't know where I was going with that. So, to sum up: society sucks, religion sucks, being alone sucks, the fact that money is a necessity sucks, and life sucks if you live by other peoples rules and ideals.

SarahBishop said...

Of course people are actually going to read it. I admire you for your blatant disregard for most things, most of the time. haha More often than not it makes me wonder how YOU tick. I think everyone should have a little more of you in them. That is, to realize that they need to just GET OVER some trivial things, and worry about living their life. Just living! ‘Cause you’re right – all you have in the end is yourself, and what good is a boring self that only knows how to strive to please other people?

Lauren H said...

When I first read your blog, I was torn over leaving a comment. What you said in your blog is what I think most people think in the back of their minds but, unlike you, don’t have enough courage to say. I think life is what you make it. If your too self conscious to comment on a blog or too scared to be your self then I think your not living life the way it needs to be lived. The biggest challenge of all is dealing with your own life because no one’s life is perfect…

Katie Jo said...

Wow! lol...parts of that were really deep. I think it is really cool that you have to ability to not sit and ponder about the stuff you wrote about that you can let it come in your mind and then just let it go, sometime I find myself lingering on the past and things that I can't change. Good luck dude in all that you do, I'm sure you’re going to have a fun, crazy ride.