Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tennis L<3VER


I am a tennis fanatic. I LOVE tennis and everything it has brought to my life. I can not begin to explain the phenomenon of how a simple sport like tennis ever evolved into a heart felt passion but it most certainly has become a part of who I am. I have devoted myself to the sport and it has been the best decision I ever made.

I love the competitiveness of tennis. It combines the elements of precision, excitement, and power to create a very competitive sport where on any given day the best can be beaten. What the average spectator doesn’t realize is that tennis is more than a game of perfect strokes but also a battle of mental strategy. I like to think of tennis as mental warfare. I approach every match I play with the same mind frame, which is that I have the ability win, no matter my opponent’s skill level, by simply monopolizing on my opponent’s weaknesses and seizing every opportunity in the match.

Tennis provides an atmosphere for conversation which can be found enjoyable for everyone. Tennis can be played on the weekends, recreationally, or on the club level. I love the tennis community and I have met a lot of friends through playing. My older brother and I have become great friends through the many hours we have spent together practicing the sport. Tennis is a life sport that you can play for your entire life. I plan on joining the club tennis team in college and as I get older I want to join a women’s league or at least force my husband to play with me.

Tennis is also a pretty inexpensive sport to play because all you need is a racquet, a comfortable pair of shoes, and a can of balls to have fun! I feel confident that the first time you play you will be hooked.

4 comments:

The Invisible Observer said...

I like that you made the words the almost the yellow as a tennis ball. My friends and I have attempted to play tennis. We never really played by any rules or kept score. Though, we did have fun. We nearly lost a few balls. How long have you played tennis? I am glad that you and your brother are able to bond through playing tennis. I think that it is great that you have a hobby that allows you to exercise your body and your mind. Hopefully, you won’t need to force your future husband to play!

always standing small said...

I think that one of the main requirements for your future husband is that he plays tennis at least four days a week. I understand when you say that tennis is a sport that helps you bond with people. My little sister likes to play tennis so every once in a while I will take her to the courts. I like how you described tennis as mental warfare. Since you were number one and schooled your coach you should enlist. I am sure the army needs plenty of accountants.

Sky totha L izz AR said...

Lauren! Hey I love your tennis blog- I remember the first time I tried to play tennis and I got put on the wall. Oh man that thing kicked my butt. You make me want to try it again though! Your use of adjectives is fabulous. Oh man I just want to go to the courts right now! I like the perspective of your tennis photo as well- it’s different. Ah man I love you and the way you write. I hope you have a great day. :)

Phil Da PIll said...

Hey girl, yea i love tennis too...i just wish i could really kill someone in it. Yet i am caught trying to beat a 9 year old everytime i go to the court.