Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Love for Power Rangers!


If you have seen my new display name, that may tell you something about me. I like, no, I love Power Rangers! I have been a fan of Power Rangers since the premiere back in 1993. I have seen nearly every episode of the series. I plan on watching the show until it the last episode airs (whether it be live-action or animated, if the rumor proves true). Common themes in all sixteen seasons are teamwork, friendship, loyalty, courage, and the forces of good being victorious against the forces of evil. Power Rangers is adapted from the Japanese Super Sentai. The series has spawned two theatrical films, only one of which takes place in the same universe as the TV show. The majority of the viewers are adults who have been watching since Mighty Morphin. Over the years, Power Rangers has lost some of its fanbase due to the switch from Saban Entertainment to Disney, less character development, and too much focus on the red ranger. Every season has a red, blue, and yellow ranger. Starting with Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, a new group of teenagers or young adults have become rangers each season. Previously, the show had the same group of teens gaining different powers and Zords, with some members leaving to move on with their lives. The show’s fandom loves to pair the rangers up romantically based on certain scenes in episodes. My favorite ranger couples are and always will be Tommy and Kimberly from Mighty Morphin and Wes and Jen from Time Force. Both were canon (actually in-show) couples. My three absolute favorite Saban seasons in chronological order are: Mighty Morphin (all three), Lost Galaxy, and Time Force. My favorite Disney-era seasons are Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder. Power Rangers Dino Thunder (2004) saw the return of Tommy Oliver. My least favorite seasons are Zeo, Turbo, and Wild Force (except for the team-up episodes). Over the years, I have accumulated a few pieces of merchandise. I still have a Kimberly (first pink Mighty Morphin ranger) doll, trading cards, a Mighty Morphin comic book, and a yellow Lightspeed Rescue figure.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mos Def. When i was a kid something i could always look forward to was the next episodes of Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, and Transformers (the old cartoon). Those were the shoes i lived off of as a child, like crack for kids! Tommy was always my favorite cause he would make anyone that messed with him take a dirt nap. I don't know why i grew out of it... special effects got too lame i guess? i still have a respect for the show, however.

Unknown said...

I loved the Power Rangers when I was little. I remember my brother and I had all the little action figures. We would set up different plots with them. Looking back, it was ridiculous yet highly entertaining. I read this article once discussing how Power Rangers were potentially racist or something like that. The Pink Ranger was of course, my favorite. I think my brother liked the White Ranger. I can remember waking up early on Saturdays to watch that show.

Elijah said...

Power ranger is really a amazing.I was a Power Rangers fan when it first came out, (can you believe it?) but looking back, I noticed that it's a little messed up. For more information you can download Download Power rangers free

Elijah said...

I loved the Power Rangers ,when I was 15 years old. Last night I have Download power ranger episodes for call back remembers of childhood.