Monday, February 25, 2008

a child's dream

When I was younger I wanted to be in some kind of band or at least just play an instrument. So when sixth grade came around our teacher said the only time we could join band is in the sixth grade. I was definitely joining band but, which instrument would I play? I don’t want to the piano because to me it was a little too usual. I wanted to learn how to play the guitar but, it was not an option. So just like every other sixth grade student, I wanted to ply the drums. Then our band teacher tells us, the class, that playing the drums is a privilege not a right. So basically the band students with an A/B average can tryout to play the drums. So let’s just say that was out of the question for me; but not of course for the teacher’s son. I mean when were they going to tell us, when it was too late. For me, if I would have known I would have actually worked harder in school. Moving on, so I picked the saxophone. It was fun for a while but, I would have definitely picked the drums if I could have. The funny part to me was all of my other teachers would tell us that we need to join band and play the drums whenever my classmates and I would beat on our desk, and all we could say is we don’t have the right. Anyway, I would have to ply the drums, which I would have been good at. I must say though I don’t think my parent’s would like me paying the drums. If the school had guitars that we could learn to play, I would have been the first to sign-up. Still to this day I wish I could learn how to play the guitar. When I tell my family they think I want to be some rocker chick playing an electric guitar. When in fact that is not the case I just want to learn how to play an acoustic guitar. Besides my little sister likes to write songs and sing and I think it would be cool if I could play her music for her.

No comments: