Saturday, March 1, 2008


I had the hardest time finding a review on Law & Order. I mean, I spent a couple hours searching last night… only to give up and decide to try again this morning. So, after another hour of searching, I’ve finally found one by “riseley” on epinions.com that I like. He begins by raging about how much he hates television and the annoying advertisements that you can’t avoid whenever you choose to turn a TV on. He goes as far as to say, “I think that television is a satan worse than a president who would lie to congress so that he could persuade his country to follow him into a futile and unwinnable military conflict.” to prove his hatred for television. The fact that he feels so strongly about not liking television, is what makes his great review for my favorite show – Law & Order even better. Luckily for him, he got the entire season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on DVD… which allowed him to watch it through without any interruptions by his oh-so-hated advertisements. He talks about how great a couple of the detectives are in the series, highlighting some of their quirks that seem to get people talking. “Riseley” talks about how the detectives always have the same issues within any given Law & Order episode. They’ll find a body, get some clues, identify a suspect and then go to the DA and she’ll tell them to go find some cold hard evidence. This sends them back to the streets, and they always hit “road block after road block,” in “riseley’s” words. But, somehow, it always comes together in the end, which is absolutely one of my favorite parts of the show, period. In the case of the episodes with Detective Goren, he uses mind play to find mental weaknesses in the suspect and make him confess before the hour is up. In the end, “riseley” says, “I like the world in which Detective Goren can always solve the crime in 42 minutes. It's very satisfying.” And, I couldn’t agree more! Like the title of my essay the only type of crime I like is on TV – when it all gets solved in the end. If you’d like to read his entire review, you can find it here: http://www1.epinions.com/content_326059331204.

2 comments:

Lauren H said...

My parents love to watch Law and Order, CSI, Without a Trace, CSI Miami, that other CSI, and I think you get the picture. I guess America is enthralled by detective stories because they keep making variations of the same show! I have to admit that on occasion I do enjoy watching them too but, seriously it always seems that Law and Order is on TV 24/7. Basically, I’m wondering how many more years they will continue running it? haha

Kenz said...

Wow your font is so tiny, I had to squint to read it, ha, but I also had a really tough time looking for a good review on my television show also. I wonder why that is? They are both really good television shows. I really love to watch Law & Order, I especially love SVU. Here lately though, I have kind of gotton out of the swing of things and have not been watching it as loyally as I used to.