Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Apple doesn't Fall Far from the Typewriter.


OH MY GOSH! THE WORLD HAS ENDED! I enjoy writing. Ahhhh!! That is so crazy to say. It is all Mr. Kapica’s fault. I am going to be really honest when I say that I really like writing journals, blogs, and free writes. Well, I did not actually like having to do all that work, but after it was all over I really enjoyed the process. I had never written a blog in the past, but now I like to write blogs. They are fun for me because it is entertaining to be able to see the comments that people write about your opinions. Who would have known that the first essay I wrote for this class would be the same one I would write over and over again the entire time, but that was not so bad either. I love Sweeney Todd, but after writing this essay, I love it even more. My favorite was the free writes because I did not have to worry if they were grammatically correct or anything. I could express how I felt through writing. Wow. I could rant, smile, and sometimes cry. I know, I know it is a little corny, but I could really convey my emotions in a sentence. That had never happened to me before. My mom graduated from UNC with a major in journalism, but I always hated to write. After taking this class, she tells me “you really are my daughter!” It feels good to enjoy something that I inevitably have to do throughout my life. I am so glad I am finally able to enjoy what I thought was the end of the world. I may not be the best writer, but at least I take pleasure in the process. All I need now is a little practice.

3 comments:

doodlebug. said...

I'm glad someone loved writing.. I mean, its not as bad as I use to think I guess, but it is still not my favorite thing to do. And I am sure pretty much most of the class is glad that the class is finally over, and its nothing against the class or teacher, its just, you know, school. The last day of everything is what everyone looks forward to.

Kenz said...

I really enjoyed the free writes too. I felt as though I was able to get something off my chest and not be judged for once. I kind of liked the blogging, I probably would have liked it more if we were not told what we were to write about like we were not told what to write about on the fifth blog. That to me was the most fun blog to write.

Diamonds said...

I would have to agree with you, I too had never written a blog before this I took this class. Now I would say that I actually do like writing them. While we may have that in common, I now do not want to utter my topic for at least a couple of months. Perhaps it is because I chose the wrong topic. But congrats to you for picking something that you actually like or love.