Sunday, March 2, 2008

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but not that much....

I really wished that I had not written my essay about What I Like About You that first day of class, who would have thought that I would be writing it over four more times? I was just sitting there, a little stumped by the prompt, I had no clue what kind of pop culture I wanted to write about. I guess all that I could think about was the fact that I had an hour to write a paper and it was the first one that we had to write, and there would be so many more to come, so it did not matter if it were stupid. All I could really think about was how I had always used to think that the television show was stupid, but now I had been watching it on ABC Family quite often. Don’t get me wrong, I mean I like to watch the show, but I HATE that I actually picked to write about that show for my essay. There was no way that I could really write a four or five page paper, with research in it, I am still trying to figure out how to improve it and incorporate research in it. I have never ever been a strong writer, and probably never will be. As soon as I found out that we had to write the paper over and over again, I wanted to shoot myself. How was I supposed to improve a paper that I wished I had never really written in the first place? I kind of figured it out, I was going to have make some stuff up, for why I liked it, I really do like it, but I don’t really know why I like it. I wish that I would have picked a topic that I REALLY love, like a band such as Brand New, or Cobra Starship, or maybe even something that someone else could relate to, like a popular movie, but I guess that everyone is different with different taste. I felt like my topic was so middle school. I just wish I would have known that we would be writing about it four more times, then I would have thought more critically about what I would have written about.

3 comments:

*~*Cali Alli*~* said...

Haha Kenz! I know exactly how you feel. The first day when we got the prompt to write about a piece of pop culture, I was truly stumped. I had no idea what to write about. I guess it makes me feel better that I wasn’t the only person who felt like that. I think that it all worked out in the end though because I have read your paper and I really like it. I think that writing my paper made me want to see that movie again. Real bad.

doodlebug. said...

I'm with you. I wish I would have had more time to think of something else to write about if I knew that I would have to continue writing about it. But I do love the book, but I don't really plan on reading it any time soon because I have had to do so much with it lately.

Diamonds said...

I know what you mean, if I would have known, I would have chosen something that I really loved. Instead of picking something that I had just known enough about to make a paper out of. At least then I would not have been so tired of writing about the same old mess that I did not even like. I think if we all had the chance to pick again, we would not be so sick of our topics by now.