Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Why does eveyone have to be so harsh?

So I found people that like the movie “The Kingdom” just as much as I did but I also was very shocked at the number of people that I found who didn’t like this movie at all. I loved it for its great action and its tie to current war situations, the awesome characters and their roles, and overall I was just amazed at the whole plot but I guess everyone didn’t get the same joy out of this film as I did. One of the Topic Critics by the name of Terry Lawson from the website Rotten Tomatoes says the “The Kingdom is a smart picture with much to say. But in the end, it elects not to say it.” I was completely shocked when I read this because I thought that the movie said so much about life and it sat back and posed lots of questions on the way different groups of people go through and decided to live their lives. Another man by the name of Lou Lumenick says that “it is an overblown, revenge-driven action thriller that exports the Rambo mentality to the contemporary Middle East.” I can’t believe all the negative things people had to say about this movie, there were defiantly more negative than positive things said. On a lighter note a man by the name of Tom Long says that The Kingdom was “From a literally explosive beginning to its high-octane end, The Kingdom is rocking-good mainstream moviemaking: painfully topical, edge-of-the-seat thrilling and totally engrossing.” Now that was what I felt when I say this movie, it was incredible fast paste and was completely overwhelming with amazement. Overall I know that everyone is entitled to their own interpretation about something but was just taken back by the amount of disgrace that people felt with this movie, I loved it and I think that everyone should see it if you get the chance it will totally be worth it!

No comments: