Sunday, March 2, 2008

Strangly enough, I didn't change my mind...


I don’t really regret picking Law & Order as my favorite pop culture, but I kind of wish that I would have narrowed it down to one of the sub series of Law and Order. Because now that I think of it, I really only watch Law & Order: SVU… and sometimes Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Don’t get me wrong, I love any and all Law & Order episodes. Man that kind of makes me sound like a loser. But, oh well! I’m a crime show junkie, I guess. I think the reason SVU is my favorite because of Mariska Hargitay. She plays Detective Olivia Benson in the show, and I’ve always loved how she handles things throughout the shows. She really seems to care about everything and everyone she deals with, and I like to think that I’d be like her if I ever chose to become part of a team like that. Her partner, Detective Stabler (Christopher Meloni), is also a great character. He’s always levelheaded and ready to do the best thing to get the job done. Vincent D'Onofrio is also one of my favorite actors, but he’s from the Criminal Intent version. He plays Detective Goren, who is a hardcore investigator. He never fails to hit just the right nerve in a criminal’s mind to get them to confess. His partner, Kathryn Erbe – who plays Detective Eames, is the perfect sidekick to him. She pays attention to the tiny details while he’s busting another bad guy. I guess what I’m trying to get at is Law & Order is a great show… because it has great characters, great plots, and everything just fits together perfectly! I like CSI, and even the new one – NCIS, too. But I’m sure it’ll never fail for me to end up watching my favorite crime show before I go to sleep. Law & Order!

2 comments:

doodlebug. said...

Well, I like CSI, and so does my entire family. My mom likes House even more though.. But I think that I like CSI more. It does not show how things really are in the detective world though. It takes more than 30 minutes to solve a crime, and sometimes they aren't even solved at all, and in the show, they do not show how much paperwork there is to do for every single thing that is done.

Kenz said...

Loving to watch Law & Order does not make you seem like a loser, I think that is cool. It's an awesome show. I love Law & Order SVU the most too, I think it is because the cases interest me the most and not to mention Olivia is awesome because, as you said, she handles herself well. Law & Order SVU kind of inpired me to become a lawyer, because I really like the character Casey Novak. So I can see why you love the show and I can also relate to what you are saying on why you like it.