Monday, March 3, 2008

The Kigdom; The War you dont see on the News

I just saw that coolest new movie called “The Kingdom.” It is a modern day war film referring to our war issues that are currently going on overseas. This film is about four F.B.I. agents that are sent to Saudi Arabia after a bombing in broad daylight at a baseball field on an American Army base. This action packed film has a lot of great new actors like Jamie Fox, Jennifer Garner, and Chris Cooper. I have never seen Jamie Fox in such a serious roll as not only a father but one of the heads of the F.B.I. but at the same time he somehow showed everyone humor in a situation that many people wouldn’t be able to pull off. Jennifer Garner is kicking butt again as usual but this time she is completely frowned upon for trying to make it in a “man’s world” according to the people of Saudi Arabia. Fox, Garner, and Cooper are all striving to figure out what happened but at the same time are risking their lives in the pursuit of justice. I love this movie because it shows what the government doesn’t want you see; you are shown just how shady people with authority can be to cover someone who might pose a threat to them. The attack in the movie came from men in Saudi military uniforms but the government insisted that they had nothing to do with it, so the whole movie you are trying to figure out who is behind the bombing and in the end you get a great twist that really opened my eyes to the people around me. I think that this movie is a great movie to see and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see some awesome characters fight for justice in a really horrible situation.

3 comments:

doodlebug. said...

I love action packed movies. I just seen Vantage Point over the weekend, and it was really good. It would make me mad whenever I would not know what was happening and there would be another flashback, but after I got the hang of the movie, it was really good. It keeps you guessing the whole entire time and you are always trying to figure out who the bad guys are. So you should go check it out.

doodlebug. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil Da PIll said...

yes...i have been trying to get my hands on that movie for ages...well i will stil try. I like all the stuff in American foriegn policy that we learn about years after it has been accomplished. Yes i am actually going to go rent it right now, cause i really like that action of our intel services.