Sunday, March 2, 2008

Not only for teens, so take that Common Sense Media

I am now considered an adult. I think that people of all ages love The Outsiders. Even though it is mainly focused on freshman in high school and teenagers. As Common Sense Media says “teenagers love this book.” Well I believe myself a teenager, even though I am 18 years old. I have loved The Outsiders since I was in middle school though. So I guess I am an exception since I was a preteen or tween that fell in love with the book. The book have idyllic views of friendship, which most teens are trying to figure out, so the book sort of helps them with it. I know that whenever I first read the book, my best friend was my cousin, even though she is almost three years older than me. Well, needless to say, she is not my best friend anymore but we still do talk. I have found friends my age, aka Sarah and Wes, that maybe, do not like the same things that I like, like The Outsiders, but they like other things that I do, like music, or clothes, or movies, or something along those lines. We all like to go to the movie theaters and listen to music. We all like to go out to lunch together, and just hang out. We do not have to be out spending money to have fun either. While Common Sense Media says that it is a book for teenagers, I think that it is a book for people of all ages. Not just teens have problems with friendship, adults do too. So I think that Common Sense Media is wrong whenever it says that “teenagers love this book” because I am not really a teenager, and I love the book, and I fell in love with it before I even became a teenager. So take that Common Sense Media. http://family.go.com/entertainment/article-csm-117702-book-review--the-outsiders-t/?CMP=KNC-YahSSPFamily

No comments: