Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring Fever


I have an odd addiction of searching the internet for quotes. My quotes usually come from a movie, writer of some sorts, or character. Anyway, I thought I would form a blog around a few of my favorites.

“Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value.”- Albert Einstein
I love this quote because I chose to write about it as the topic for one of my college essays. I think the quote appropriately defines how I want to live my life.

“I’m blonde, what’s your excuse?”- Reese Witherspoon
This quote is unique because I chose it as my senior quote and because Reese Witherspoon is my favorite actress. I especially love her in “Sweet Home Alabama.”

“Has anyone seen my shoes, I kicked them off in a fit of joy.”- Dane Cook
Dane Cook is the funniest comedian ever. I listen to his acts all the time and they never get old. It helps a lot too because Dane Cook is soo adorable.

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.”- E.E. Cummings
I like this because I want to be different and to be myself. I don’t want to be pushed to give up what makes me “me” in order to become someone’s conformist picture of how society should be.

“It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!”- Mark Twain
Well, it’s the beginning of March and so I thought it would be appropriate to use a quote about spring! I have been having the feeling of “spring fever” a lot lately. I really hope the weather continues to stay warm!

I have a whole word document full of quotes that I have found to be inspirational in some way. I love reading quotes. Who knows but maybe one day I will quote you…

4 comments:

SarahBishop said...

I love quotes, too! For some reason I can relate to just about any kind of quote. It doesn't really matter who wrote it or when they wrote it... or who they were supposed to be writing it for! I just love them.

On my iGoogle page I have a “Quotes of the Day” gadget that I read every morning. And when I get bored I just go through and read random quotes from that.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets such joy from quotes. (:

*~*Cali Alli*~* said...

I really love your blog because all of your quotes are really awesome. I have a hard time finding quotes that I actually like, but all of yours are great. I love the one that Reese Witherspoon says and I love Dane Cook. I also think your picture is so cute. You always write great and your pictures always seem to intrigue me. All of your blogs have really inspired me. I have really enjoyed them all.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Dane Cook is pretty much the most brilliant comedian in the universe. Okay, that is a bit of an overstatement but you get my point. I too, have an affinity for quotes. I like to take things that I have heard from movies so I end up using IMDB a lot. I think it is kind of interesting that some things are better left said by other people.

Sky totha L izz AR said...

Hola chica- hey I love quotes too. Sometimes I just get online and look up smart quotes so I can look smart in class, its never worked for me though...not yet anyway. I’m surprised you didn’t write about your kitties that you love so much. I will miss you and this class- thank goodness we have apworld together I wouldn’t know what to do! Would you like a quote book? I think it would be perfect for you.