Monday, March 3, 2008

Cinderella

My favorite piece of popular culture that I wrote about was Cinderella. Not only is it a timeless classic but it really gets your imagination going. To some people it might be just another stupid fairytale but to some it maybe like a sanctuary, a place where they can escape the hard truth of reality. It’s nice to have a place to let your imagination run wild without fear of who is watching. In real life people squish all of your hopes and dreams out of you by telling you, you can’t do something. Walt Disney said “ Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children’s approach to life. They’re people who don’t give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn’t much, either.” When I was little it couldn't have pleased me more than to sit and watch the pumpkin turn into a beautiful carriage. Now when my little sister and I watch it I love to see her face light up when she sees all the magic. I can’t to see when she gets older to see how much she really got from it. Cinderella had her step family to ring her dry of all her hopes of finding her prince. When she finally got her chance yet again did they try to ruin it. It goes to show that there are people out there that just can’t stand to see others happy. This movie really inspires me to go for what I want in life. In the end it comes down to whether or not you have the strength to get through the tough times to see the brighter days that will come along.

2 comments:

doodlebug. said...

I LOVE FAIRYTALES TOO! They always seem to make me happy, or put me in a better mood, only if my life have the 'happily ever after' ending like all of the stories. I use to not be a big fan of Cinderella because of the step sisters, but now I think that they make me like it even more, because people are all the time getting treated badly. I am 18 years old, and everytime I babysit Belle, she wants to play dress up and watch Cinderella, so I think that everyone loves that movie.

Kenz said...

I never really was a big fan of Cinderella, although, I have seen it more than a couple of times. I was more into Aladdin and Disney movies like that. I did think though, that oneday I would be like Cinderella and have a picture perfect life at the end and live Happily Ever After, I guess when you are a little girl, you usually think that all your dreams will eventually come true, but the raw truth is that they do not and I have had to come to realize that life is not perfect, and some people do not always live Happily Ever After.