Thursday, January 31, 2008

when I grow up, I wanna be..

Throughout the years of playing with barbies with my sister, Tiffany, and my cousin, Katie, and playing with legos with my cousin, Jonathan, I figured out what I wanted to do with my life whenever I grew up. I mean, does anybody ever really grow up? My dad still watches cartoons and eats ice cream at night. He sometimes even complains whenever we don't have any in the house. Temper tantrum? Wait, I thought only babies got those, well, guess not, he is 43 years old. Nobody in my family has been to college, well, two of my older cousins are currently in college, but I'm not as close to them as I use to be. My parents didn't go, and my older sister didn't either, so I'll pretty much be the first one. I actually plan on majoring in criminal justice and chemistry and being a minor in Spanish. I got everything already worked out. The crime shows on television seem fun, and cool, but that is not actually what really happens. I know that through my internship at the sheriff's office. I work with the detectives there in the detective division. They are pretty cool, but they don't do all the stuff that the television makes you think that they do. There is a lot more paper work involved than the crime shows lead you to believe. But that is what I want to do with my life. I want to be a detective. Maybe work for the FBI if I get the opportunity. I would like to do an internship there one summer break from college. That would be a hard internship to get, but it would be a dream one. I think that it would be amazing. If I don't get to work with the FBI, then I will work for a local or state branch of law enforcement in the detective part. I want to work mainly with children and sex cases. Being a woman, I know I would get that case before the men would because of motherly instinct. Also, because I have learned that those cases normally go to women through my criminal justice class. So, when I was younger, my parents use to say that I was going to be president whenever I got older. Then I would then tell whoever they were talking to that I did not want to be the president, I would much rather protect him and everyone else instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Epic, it sounds like you have a plan. Planning is what it's all about. You've done the intern thing, so you all ready have a taste of what you're getting into. It's good that your reasons for being a detective are altruistic. I'm honestly not a big fan of giving the government any more of an edge than they all ready have, but to each his own. You seem unwavering, go for the throat.