Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ruminations on what could be.

As each year goes by, more and more opportunities seem to slip away. With the decisions I've made, and have yet to make, opportunities have either turned away or been awakened.

If there were no obstacles in the way of achieving my dream, I would be a musician. I would play dark venues with my customized light setup, stand in front of my equipment, and make everyone on the dance floor move.

With no time wasted on schoolwork, job searching, or listening to my parents, I could devote all of my time to my music. With money not being a priority, I could purchase all the equipment I need to produce great electronic music.

I would become specifically an electronic musician because I love spending all my time making music. I would make only electronic music because that is the music that interests me most in terms of creating it.

There are so many possibilities and so many toys to use today to create sounds and beats for electronic music that it is becomes almost like a kid in a candy store type wonderland of equipment available. One of the big things about electronic music is experimentation and that is something I find very fun. I could easily spend every waking hour experimenting with equipment creating new sounds and beats until I have a final product that I am satisfied with and am pleased with the experimentation that was involved in creating the song.

Also, it would really please me if other people connected with and enjoyed my musical creations. To play a show and have the crowd bouncing at a rave or something would just be amazing. It would be amazing to have that sort of connection with everyone, especially because it would be my music bringing everyone together.

2 comments:

SarahBishop said...

I really liked this blog. It's very straightforward and describes perfectly what you would do if you could do it without any obstacles. I must admit that I’m jealous of your writing, and a little worried because it’s much better than mine. I’m beginning to think I’m doing this whole blog thing completely wrong. Oh, well. I guess I can learn from great ones like yours to make my next one better!?

Anyways. Way to go, man! (:

Unknown said...

Master Cheek! I dig. Very simple, but complication is not what should be sought. I often feel the same way. I don’t make music, I’ve often wanted to venture with my friends that create sweet beats and put mental perception through an artistic medium. However, the harsh reality of the matter is, people aren’t typically blessed with the luxury of being able to make music and pursue a carrier. Sadly, life throws other things at you; such as a job and school. Aside from that, the ulterior motive of bringing the world together is one that is truly admirable.