Monday, January 28, 2008

What I Thought I Would Be

When I was a kid I wanted to be many different things. I remember when I was around five years old I wanted to be a police officer. I wanted to be one because my daddy is. Then for a couple of years I wanted to be a teacher. I had some of the sweetest teachers that were inspiring. If there were no obstacles in my way, I would probably want to do something in film or television. A couple of years ago, my dad jokingly said that I should be a film critic. I took it pretty seriously. I did think about being a director. I think that I might like to be involved in the casting process. When I read Star Wars books or comics, I like to make my own fantasy casting call. I look for actors that fit the physical description, have qualities that show that they could do the role and I need to have seen something that they acted in. For example, I think that Sophia Bush and Jared Padalecki would be great as twins Jaina and Jacen Solo. She looks the most like Jaina out of all actresses I have considered. I can not quite pinpoint what about her makes think of Jaina. Padalecki looks exactly like Jacen on the Japanese cover of The Joiner King. After watching a few season 3 reruns of Supernatural, I think he can play dark and dangerous incredibly well. Being that Jacen becomes a Sith Lord, the ability to play a dark and dangerous character is very important. I had also thought about being a writer for a television show. I care a great deal about what the fans think. I frequent the message boards everyday for their opinions. Probably, the two shows that I would like to contribute to would be either General Hospital or Power Rangers. Ever since Disney bought Power Rangers, the writing has gone down hill for the past couple of years. It seems like the red ranger is the center of attention seventy percent of the time. I would make sure that the other rangers (especially the girls) get some character development. As for General Hospital, I would put less focus on mob wars, Sonny, Jason and Carly. I think more time should be spent on the other characters and couples. And most importantly, I would put the focus back on the doctors, nurses, and the hospital! Today, I have no idea what I would like to do.

1 comment:

Lauren H said...

I love watching movies and I think it’s really cool that you wanted to work somewhere in that industry. I think they could definitely use your help! I don’t know how many films I have watched and thought that the actor/actress selection could have been a lot better. There is no bigger disappointment then a good storyline being ruined by bad acting! I loved watching Power Rangers as a kid and now it’s only a shadow of what it once was.